View Single Post
Old 07-28-04, 10:36 AM
Don Woodson

Bikes: Viscount 10spd, $10 Huffy mtb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Chief! I was a Crew Chief on C-141's back in the early seventies. I'm glad you like your job. I had a great time doing my job, but being it was right after the Nam war, morale was real low, and it seemed everyone hated us. Anyway I have no regrets, except one. And that's what I'm here to tell ya. It's one of those, "if Ida known then what I know now" kinda things.
You like to stay in shape right? You like fun jobs right? Well right now your still having fun twisting safety wire, throwing wheel chocks and burning J57's, but after a while, you may find yourself getting bored.
Think about crosstraining into one of them cool jobs like Combat Control, or Para-Rescue. I had the chance to go for Combat Control ( I shoot really well), but I turned it down. Sometimes I really regret that.
Nothing wrong with being a Crew Chief though. It will prepare you for Aviation jobs. In that case, Get your A&P license, A Bachelors degree, and as much computer crap as you can stand. As a matter of fact aviation engineers who can run CAD/UNIGRAPHICS programs are hot right now.