Old 10-23-07, 08:17 AM
Chaco

Bikes: Scott CR1 Team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Somehow we made it through the night wihout being evacuated. The same part of the the Witch Fire that is in Rancho Santa Fe is still threatening Encinitas, where I live. The wind was pretty calm last night, which is why, I guess, the fire didn't go farther west. However, it seems now it's picking up.

We've got my 97 year old mother with us -- we had to evacuate her from her home closer to the fire. Our house certainly isn't made for someone who has to use a walker, but we're getting by. The big problem is if we have to evacuate -- my wife's brother and mom are in south San Diego, but the fires are approaching Bonita now, which is only 5 miles from them.

It's pretty darn scary, that's for sure.

I saw a cyclist riding on the road yesterday -- I mean someone in lycra with a camel pack. No mask. Given the quality of the air, along with incredible amounts of junk on the road, coupled with drivers who are about as distracted as they possibly could be, that's a bit foolhardy if you ask me.

We've got everything packed and ready to go at a moments notice -- we're just hoping it doesn't come to that.