Old 10-26-07, 10:29 PM
CrimsonKarter21
Mitcholo

Bikes: 2010 Mitcholo w/ Sram Force/Red

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll be the only one here to reply I guess.

If I were you, I'd go with Dura-Ace 7700 hubs, the high flanges are the easiest to get and are cheaper than the small flange usually. They've got AWESOME bearings and are super-smooth. Either get them in 28 hole or 32. 28 spokes should be fine unless you're heavier or more powerful and think you need the extra spokes. Lace them to the tubular Velocity Pro Elite tubular rim, it's a little hefty, but is 30mm deep. Whatever spokes you use should be fine.
Also, use high-quality cogs, like Dura-Ace, Phil Wood, or EAI, they're all pretty expensive, but worth it.
I use a Dura-Ace 7700 Octalink crank, but a Sugino 75 is the norm for track bikes, the FSA stuff, no matter how enticing it is, isn't too amazing, and the regular Miche Primato crank has a wierd BCD. Look for 144BCD on the track cranks because it makes finding rings easier. Miche also just started making a 144 crank that's supposed to be pretty good.
An Izumi chain is what I use, along with Dura-Ace rings, which are amzing, I can cut through my other rings with them, and the D-A's won't even take a scratch.

For the cockpit, if you're using a 1 1/8 threadless steerer, either get the Deda Pista stem/bars which are a 31.75 clamping diameter, they're really stiff. Or use the Nitto CrMo threadless stem and their CrMo track bars, which are insanely stiff and won't break no matter what. Pro's use both combo's. If you're threaded, use a Nitto stem and bars.
And for the saddle, use something classic and kind of clunky.