Old 10-27-07, 05:48 PM
ravenmore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Something wicked this way comes - pics of my latest bike project

Lol - sorry for the theatrics in the thread title, but this bike is a bit wicked looking. I wanted to do an all black bike, and I wanted to mix vintage and modern components. The project is about 90% done. I still have a few bits to get and the frame painter neglected to cover the downtube mounts when they powder coated the frame, so now I have to figure out how to get that off without hurting the rest of the frame.

The frame is an old Centurion Ironman Master that I rescured. Cleaned it up and media blasted it and had powder coated - gloss black of course. I went with a Brooks Team saddle - black with copper rivets and rails. I had a Thomson Elite seatpost laying around that was perfect. I discovered a gem of a stem on Ebay - an Ernest Colnago ITM stem. I need to do a little touch up work on it but it is in good shape. The wheels are just Open Pros - one laced to an Ultegra hub the other to a White Industries H1 that might be shot. I dunno I have to look at it later when I have more time but I know it needs new bearings if nothing else. Drive train is a 105 10spd RD I got cheap. I had the cranks from my Motobecane - FSA SL-k compacts. FD is a FSA compact specific derailer. Shifters, when I get them on, will be Dura Ace downtube shifters.

Overall I think it came out wicked cool. Good bike for Halloween eh?

Sorry, didn't have a lot of time to do a super solid job with the pics but here they are:

Last edited by ravenmore; 10-27-07 at 05:58 PM.