Old 03-17-02, 09:53 AM
thbirks
sandcruiser

Bikes: Surly Cross-Check, Miyata three-ten

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well 'goose this reminds me of a friend of mine. Let me tell you a little story. One day my friend Pete comes to me and wants to know all about shoes. You see Pete, although a grown man, has never worn shoes. "Th" he says "I've been thinking about getting some shoes."

Being a big fan of shoes, I jump at the chance of helping my friend get his first pair of shoes. We head down to the local shoe store. Pete sees plenty of shoes he likes, he tries some on, gives them a little walk-a-round and then finally pulls me aside. "Th, I like the shoes" Pete confides "but I've only got $20 to spend." "Well, you can get a pair of shoes for $20 but they won't be very nice" I say. "There's a good pair on sale here for $30 could you swing that?" "No, $20 is all I can spend, I don't even know that i'll like wearing shoes" Pete says " I don't want to spend more than $20 on something I may not like." "All right" I say " I've got an idea, I've got to get going, but tomorrow we can go to the Thrift store. You can get any shoe they've got for less than $20." "okay, but I was hoping on getting shoes today." Pete says "maybe I'll head down to the Malwart to look around."

The next day I spot Pete sitting on a bench in the park. "Are you ready to hit the Thrift shop?" I say. With that Pete points to his feet and cries "Look, I got shoes, What do you think?" The shoes look cheap and uncomfortable but I tell Pete they're great as I see how proud of his new shoes he is.

A week later I run into Pete at a concert. "Where's your shoes?" I yell over the loudspeakers. "I stopped wearing them" Pete shouts back "they gave me blisters and the stitching was coming apart. I don't know how people wear shoes all the time. I guess I'm just not cut out for shoes." "We'll have to talk about shoes later" I yell "I can barely hear you."

Last edited by thbirks; 03-17-02 at 10:00 AM.