Old 10-30-07, 12:41 PM
ROJA
Pepperoni Power

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brandy
I didn't think that the traffic was bad either time we did did that climb (once in March and once during the event in May) and it's one of my favorites. It's a lot of climbing, what are your time constraints?
Thanks for the replies. As for time constraints, it depends on how far I have to drive. Starting near Redlands gives me an extra two hours versus driving to Ontario/Upland. I could probably slip away for 4-5 hours without a problem. I guess the only issue is that the weather might be iffy in late November- can I expect snow at a certain level by Thanksgiving or is it different every year?

The ride from Mill Creek Ranger Station to Onyx Summit looks like one of SoCal's epic climbs! Am I right? If so, it is definitely something I would like to try. Anyone else interested? How about the day after Thanksgiving (Friday) while all the suckers are shopping?

The big group ride to Baldy sounds fun, but it looks like an all-day affair. I may as well ride on 38 since it is so close and apparently fairly friendly to cyclists.