View Single Post
Old 11-06-07, 08:25 AM
alters

Bikes: Raleigh M-Trax - 80/90s? Goldtec flipflop rear hub + Mavic rims modified for some extreme road commuting;Raleigh 531 1970s? - Ultegra set up - wrecked by a motorist! Looking for new frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, I'm really taken by a Bob Jackson custom build (9 months waiting list - eek!) I've given prices on an 853 tubeset below just for comparison but not sure if can stretch the budget or if worth it?)

Custom Super Legend (in 853 £695 + £140 = £835 (inc VAT)) but prefer the colour scheme on the custom legend (but I guess that's just a piant job that can be done to either model (can anyone tell the difference in spec on these two?)

Also, there's the option of a Mercian Vincitore (in 853 steel £760 +VAT = £893)

Any comments on comparison between the Mercian and Bob Jackson frames above and whether its worth going for 853 tubing?

According to the old Bob Jackson website the custom super legend frame must have its curley rear stays in 531 steel combined with anything for main. I guess there's little point going all the way to 853 if you have a 531 rear (as great as 531 is) in which case the Bob Jackson will be cheaper than quoted above. Standard is 631 & 531 = £695 inc VAT. Thoughts?

Thanks