Old 11-07-07, 03:43 PM
HappyHumber
bring back ASCII art

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Leigh30
I like the swans in the head lugs. How very, um, Western Australian......I thought they may have been painted black though...
A quick google on "Swansea" "Cycles" & "Perth" reveals a couple of very short articles summarising the history of the company. When they first started up, they were located in a suburb called Mosman Park, which is on a strip of land located between the Swan River & the Indian Ocean - hence between 'the Swan & the Sea. Maybe the swans were black on some other models?

I used to like old Malvern Stars for the very reason they were Aussie. But know I've found there was a similar brand flourishing back in the day a lot closer to my home turf I think I might have to shift preferences. Anything to stick it up those bloody Victorians

I reckon I'd be a bit more excited about restoring this example if it was a size I could ride comfortably for myself.... I'm 6'2".. but having said that I would love to find a more suitably sized Swansea road or track bike now! I should get in contact with the WA Historical Bicyle Club... some computer phobic old boy might have a prime candidate hanging in his shed somewhere.