Old 11-11-07, 01:22 PM
Motorad
Peddlin' Around Detroit

Bikes: Legend, Saluki, Trek 730

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The bike I'm working with is a Trek 730. I took a tip down memory lane when I looked at the 1995-receipt. List price was $450, but I got it on sale for $410. You can barely get a frame, fork, and handlebars for that much money these days.

The handlebars that came with the 730 is a flat bar, 23" long, with shifters built into the handlebar grips. Each grip has a 5" length of space for each hand. Actually, I like this handlebar for rides less than 10 miles, because it is wide and very responsive. But my wrists start to get a bit sore if riding more than 10 miles.

Because I'm taking all the components off the 730, to rustproof and paint the frame, I was wanting to replace the handlebars with today's technology. I'm still trying to figure a good bar, with the Trek 730 to be primarily a winter bike ... and for off-road riding in the summer. I hope this makes it more clear of what I'm trying to figure out, as far as replacement [winter] handlebars. I'm still trying to make it clear to myself on what kind of handlebar I'm looking for.