Old 11-11-07, 05:39 PM
EbikeHawaii

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Abneycat
When i'm speaking about your huffy's weight, its in relation to how you mock the hub motor for being 15lbs, but pack an extra 10 onto your bicycle from having a far over-average weight system. It seems a bit hypocritical that you're talking about how easily all these people could save weight when you're packing an extra 10 with nothing but psychological gain? Alright, pick full suspension if you want, but go ask the mountain biking forum what they'd think about taking a huffy down the trails.

Whatever you choose, make the bike worth the kit, and make them work towards your needs. Full suspension for someone living in a city, carrying their things, and using the bike day in-day out is silly.

I think you've confused me for a roadie, unless you were just generalizing. I'm a college student, and I like my bikes to work. There's a world of difference between a bike that can be trusted to work and one that can't.

My 2001 fuji 2 cost $450 used. Its a full suspension, all mountain midweight. The other bike is made with a hardtail Rocky Mountain Concord frame from NYCbikes, A surly 1x1 fork, and a pile of various components between Alivio-LX. Neither of those bikes are pricey, extreme performers, lightweights, or head turners. What they are is reliable. And what these bikes let me do, is enjoy cycling on a decent rig while having a reliable system.

Were it to come down to different riding, i'd pick something else. But it would follow the same guidelines: pick what you need, pick a little more if you want, but never pick less.
Relibility, strength, and efficiency at any bike weight with the best efficiency at a good price were my goals to use in any conditions. With over 25,000 miles on the STRONG steel Huffy frame I did accomplish this. With a good strong motor any varations of frames can be used with quality wheels.How many ebikes do you know of that can constantly climb the steepest road in the world to 10,005 ft in elevation without bruning up and hold up dirtbiking on rough mountan trails for over 4 years without ANY maintenance other than batteries, brake pads, tires, and a few drops of oil ? Sure you can get a system for each style of riding but why not have ONE system for any kind of abuse you can give it ? hard tail, lightweight or otherwise ?

Last edited by EbikeHawaii; 11-23-07 at 05:56 AM.