View Single Post
Old 11-12-07, 02:49 PM
Daninboulder

Bikes: Novara Aspen for commuitng, K2 Proflex for touring and trail riding, '74 Le Tour, mid-90's Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was living in Iowa City early 90's. I was on a small bridge, on the sidewalk facing oncoming traffic ( I don't recall why). It was raining like crazy so there was a veritable river running along the sidewalk. I'm just sitting there straddling my bike, I look up ahead, a guy in a sports car sees me, peels out toward me and gets close enough to me to absolutely SOAK me. I lose it. I was riding an old Performance Aspen with a wire basket in the back where I kept my U-lock. I take off, in the pouring rain, reach back for the u-lock, get close as I could to the guy and HEAVE that lock. It bounces off his trunk, but he keeps going. Then I sort of gather myself and realize I'm at a busy 4 way stop in d/t Iowa City...in the pouring rain....with cars everywhere. I reach down, grab that lock, and hi-tail it home. I still can't believe I did that, but I was as pissed as I was soaked!

I've since mellowed a bit