Old 11-13-07, 03:21 PM
obstacle
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kmart
On some of the local group rides here out of 50+people there are always one or two fixed-gear riders. I bet a lot of the roadies in your area have their fixed sitting in their garage asking the same question as you. Maybe if show up to one of your local roadie club rides on your fixie you will inspire others to ride their fixies more often too.
Tried this with a few club rides and CRCA training rides. Usually some of the people riding are interested in fixed gears, some say they have a fixie, most are total road snobs who laugh at you only until they can't seem to drop you in the pack. I'm a roadie as well and the group rode with alot over the summer was a CRCA team with friends involved as well, for a total of maybe 15-50 people on various rides. On the first ride I showed up fixed, by the end of the summer there were 2 others that were riding fixed regularly with me. Not massive numbers.

Again, maybe having a proper "organized" fixed group ride of NYC riders (you know us lyrca/spandex/clipless clad kooks) might be a cool idea. I've ridden the NJ rides fixed many times. It's lovely to get out on an open rode fixed.