prendrefeu
How much does it weigh?

Bikes: Lotus Fixed, Bianchi Virata 2004

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deadly downtube
with the value of the dollar plummeting... i'm thinking the reverse will happen...
False. The value of the dollar plummets, which means it takes more $US to purchase goods outside of the US. The majority of CF bikes are made abroad - specifically in places which have accommodated the environmental damage that their manufacturing does. If the $US is worth less, yet the cost of production decreases only a little bit, the cost to US consumers will be more. Please re-read the post I wrote, you'll get it: the $US dollar will be worth less, so you will need more $US to compensate for the cost of the item.

An easy example of this would be Germany, post WW-I. The value of the German mark plummeted - within a few years a bottle of milk (same amount of milk, same quality) increased in 'price' ten fold. TEN FOLD!! That's like paying $5 for a gallon of milk now... and within a few years that same gallon will have a price tag of $50. Yes, this is an extreme example, but it does illustrate the dynamics of the factors relating to monetary value.