Old 11-14-07, 09:48 PM
dutret
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrimsonKarter21
I work at a body shop, and can paint a frame for $50 and it'll look a lot better than a factory paint job. I also get bikes at super-low prices, I can get Giant's cheaper, but my new team says that if I get a new bike, it should be through them, but they don't carry Giant.
The Erba was free, and it hasn't been built yet. The components are all Dura-Ace which I got for very cheap.
It's not like I'm spending tons of money. If I buy either an S-Works or Felt, the ENTIRE build, minus a disc will be well under $1000, and if I get the Giant, the the entire build be under $850 including paint, and $6 for decals.

It's not like I'm some rich old fat guy trying to look fast.
$850 is how many hours of wages after taxes for you? Quite frankly I would be much more supportive if you were a rich old fat guy trying to look fast rather then a college student who recently complained about how little money he had trying to look fast.

What are you getting from your team? Pressuring you to use only sponsors stuff is bull**** unless those are paying for it and some of your other expenses. Maybe you should consider other teams that care more about their riders then sponsors.