Old 11-16-07, 05:27 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yamcha
Lately, I too have been getting a lot of questions and comments about my folder. Most people are very curious and can instantly see the intelligence and practicality in owning a folder but are hesitant about ever getting one for themselves. By reading their faces, I can tell that they are scared of owning something so out of the norm and that it might make them look like a nerd or loser. Switching to a folding bike is basically like changing your religion or more aptly, losing it.
I think buying a folder is one of it being so "high price." Most people are conditioned to pay no more than $100 or so US dollars unless it is a high end road or mountain bike and the person in question is more into biking as a "sport" or other such activity. I usually get a glassy eye spaced out look when someone asks me how much the bike costs-and my bikes are the basic no frills models. But with the rising gas prices most everywhere, I expect more interest as time goes on and less of the spaced out look. The most serious buyers simply ask me where the bike was bought.