View Single Post
Old 11-17-07, 11:15 PM
Gammerus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello all you happy people

I guess this is an intro isn't it? Well I have always loved bicycles, from the first moment I learned how to use my first bike I have been in love. I love the freedom, joy, and exhilaration bicycles provide. Now I do not know much about bicycles, in fact my last two bicycles came from Wal-Mart but since my last bike was stolen I have done a bit of research and discovered a lot... for instance, I now know that a dirt bike isn't necessary since I live in the concrete desert of Phoenix. lol

Since I have enrolled in college I have gotten a little out of shape, so out of shape that I run out of breath climbing 3 stories of stairs... This simply will not do.
I have always been an active person, but recently I have had some unpleasant experiences with creepy old men in my neighborhood, and walking just hasn't been an option. Since I cannot walk, I cannot of course play racquetball, or do much else outside. After gaining 15lbs and losing all the energy I used to have, the natural solution was to get another bike and rekindle the magic of cycling.

It wasn't all that long ago that I would bicycle everywhere, I used to ride 2miles to school and back everyday in high school, and a few more miles to the mall when I felt like it. But being the poor college student I am I had to get a used bike. I am not complaining though, I have forever been a fan of retro styles, and finding a cute 70's cruiser for $20 is perfectly ok with me

Tomorrow I will be picking up some new tires/tubes and I can begin doing what I love to do,cycle.