View Single Post
Old 11-19-07, 09:44 AM
LetterRider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zonatandem
Do you tip cashier at grocery store? Gas station? Auto mechanic? Your mayor? Congressman? the prez?
Here is a real tip: No need to tip anyone IF they get paid a proper wage.
Pay our politicians minimum wage, they claim we can live on it.
The problem is that most people don't know how much everyone gets paid and what that actually amounts to. I have no idea how much an auto mechanic gets paid. Gas station attendents and grocery cashiers surely don't get paid a proper wage, but I'm not going to tip them. And who determines what a proper wage is? Someone could say, well, you are a waitress because you don't have a good education and didn't try hard enough so you don't deserve to get paid any more, your job is SKILL-LESS. That's the problem. I tend to feel like I should tip someone if their skill benefits me personally. I know that is not always the case, but that's how I feel. I tip the person who cuts my hair, why not my framebuilder?
This could go around and around, but when it comes down to it, there is a small percentage of people in this world who make the money. Most of them don't deserve it or work hard enough to earn it. The rest of us get screwed either by taxes or not making a living wage. I see nothing wrong with being generous with what little money I have.
Would you be offended if you got an unexpected tip? Probably not.