View Single Post
Old 11-20-07, 10:13 PM
Bounty Hunter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I appreciate all the responses. I talked to the LBS where the guy purchased today. They seemed very helpful. They knew the original buyer (positive vouch) so I thought everything was going to work out great. The LBS actually suggested I get the original receipt from the seller AND they even offered to look the bike over for me FOR FREE.

So I'm thinking this deal is going to work out great. I call the seller and he's acting weird now. I ask him about the receipt deal and he's like "uh...I don't know...I guess...well maybe." So I ask him if there's any reason he wouldn't want to do that? I also tell him I talked to the LBS he purchased from and explained it was their idea as well as how they'd check the bike over for me. Next thing I know the guy is being really quiet on the phone...like I have to force information out of him. He finally says something about how "if you get the original receipt then you'll know how much I really paid." WTF?! Yesterday on the phone he told me what he paid. It's not like I really care that he got a great deal on it. He also says something about how his LBS treats him well and said "they might be mad if they find out I'm selling." Did he get the bike for free? What gives? So I ask him about coming to see the bike on Saturday. The guy just sits there on the phone and doesn't really say much. I'm thinking WHAT THE **** is going on here?! I then tell him..."why don't you e-mail me back or give me a call after you decide what you're doing."

This guy is starting to seem weird and possibly shady. It doesn't look like this deal will happen. I think I might either start shopping new Stumpjumpers at my LBSs or decide on that Gary Fisher HiFi.