Old 11-21-07, 10:38 AM
makeinu
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by daredevil
As the train wreck continues, at least it's nice for the rest of us to know that makeinu is in the minority.
As nice as following the majority off the edge of a cliff I guess. Train wreck indeed. I swear I've never seen so many people derive so much confidence from merely being in the majority as I do on bikeforums. I wonder if that says something about cyclists in general.

Originally Posted by Halloween
I don't think you understand.

Look at this picture again:

See the mirror on the barend? That's the kind of mirror I have, and that's where it's mounted.

It's a 53mmx42mm oblong.

It's on the extreme end of my handlebar.

I'm positioned over the toptube of my bicycle when riding, not sitting behind that little mirror.

It doesn't obstruct my view of anything that I need to see any more than my handlebar does.

My fist around the handgrip obstructs my view of the road more than this little mirror does.

'Trade-off' don't enter into it.

If you ride with your face so close to the barends that they're preventing you from seeing manholes and little girls (personally, I depend on those open manholes to protect me from path-darting little girls), then you'd better start cutting some peepholes in your handlebars. Or get a unicycle.

E.T.A. I voted Yep, I use a bike-mounted mirror - it's VERY useful. in the poll.
Do you understand the meaning of the words "view", "obstruction", and "tradeoff"? Your other comments and all your reasoning seem to indicate that you agree with me, but then, out of nowhere, you make contradictory statements using these words. It's as if you thought these words meant something other than what they really mean. Please clarify.

Originally Posted by Halloween
So, howcome the two extreme opposite answer choices nearly mirror each other, number-wise?
Obviously, because apathetic respondents are less likely to make a distinction between mirror types. So although the poll is biased such that nonmirror users less likely to respond, it's also biased such that those that do respond apathetically are more likely to agree with each other.

Last edited by makeinu; 11-21-07 at 10:58 AM.