View Single Post
Old 11-22-07, 11:59 PM
Bounty Hunter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DickyJ
Call him back and tell him you don't care if he got the bike free with his cornflakes as long as the bike's legit and it's as described.
If he's worried about you thinking he's ripping you off by charging more than he paid, just tell him it's a fair price regardless of whatever deal he got. *Haggling is still an option.*
As for the receipt, if the usual reasons won't work with him, then use the cop-factor

'Course, if you can afford it why not get the '08 and avoid the hassle?
At this point he's willing to give up the receipt, but he hasn't agreed to meet me at the LBS he purchased at to have them inspect it (they offered to do it at no cost). I had planned to come check it out on Saturday, but something has come up that I might have to help my father with.

So both of you are suggesting I that I just say fawk it and go with a brand new 08? I guess that would have some benefits...free adjustments for 2 yrs. If I had any problems I would just bring the bike right in to them, etc. Looks like the lowest they'd go would be around $1500 (MSRP is $1750).

I still have that 07 GF HiFi I've been thinking about too for $1220. Maybe I'll buy the HiFi on the Trek card and then put the Stumpy on layaway.