View Single Post
Old 08-10-04, 08:41 PM
pnj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I didn't read much of that....

I often see kids at the park telling each other that one persons bike is better then the other persons and blah blah blah. but more often then not, neither one of the kids can ride to each of their bikes full potential.
meaning that, the riders skill are worse then the bike itself.

often times I hear kids saying how some bike sucks because this part stripped or came loose or broke. but usually it is a case of the rider not maintaining the bike. that is,they didn't keep stuff tight or lubed properly. so the bike broke or had problems because it was neglected.

there are three basic types of bmx bikes (or any other bike for that matter)
1. begginer
2. intermediate
3. pro

each has it's good points. the first cost very little money and is great for introducing a young person to the world of bikes. usually they are heavy and not designed to be ridden very hard.

so to say a bike that cost more is better does kind of make sense. they are usually designed for riders that really need their bike to hold up to aggressive riding.

but a kid that is just starting out doesn't need a high end bike.

bottom line is, the rider makes the bike. i've seen many many kids with expensive 'pro' bikes that can't ride them at all. dave mirra could ride any bike better then you and I. he has skills. you can't pay for skills. you earn them.