View Single Post
Old 11-24-07, 05:10 AM
Johnny_Monkey
Studs Terkel

Bikes: Pinarello Paris; Avanti Blade Comp; Tommasini X-Fire; Merckx San Remo 76.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DasProfezzional
Wait, you guys have your own slang? No way! I know of no other society that can boast thusly.

Maybe that's the problem. The world doesn't know who your president is, if you have one, or anything about your government or politics or current events. Nobody knows if you have any monuments, or anything worth visiting, aside from an opera house in a city whose name I personally only remember because it was the central focus of a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie. Your country hasn't produced any world-changing literature, or music, or art. When Americans (vis, the world,) think about Australia, we think about dingoes, kangaroos, bigass jellyfish, g'day, and shrimp on the barbie, which is, apparently, a term that you don't even use. To the rest of the world, your country is defined by a stereotypical greeting, which the rest of the world happens to now find cheesy and stupid, as somebody mentioned earlier.

I'm glad you love your country, and I'm glad you're proud of it. But Americans, nay, the people of the industrialized world really doesn't care, because you've got absolutely nothing that they don't. Except for poisonous snakes, coneshells, and huge spiders.

Maybe you should visit more countries. For someone who has supposedly been around you show an astounding abundance of ignorance.

I am from the 'rest of the industrialised world' and have been to both countries and I would say that the USA could learn from Australia but with citizens like you it never will.