Old 11-24-07, 05:52 PM
derath

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shaverda
Heh, the title is not dramatic at all.

Anywho, I was wondering what ya'll think is far enough to push, when my (attempted) carfree lifestyle becomes detrimental to my parents, when it turns into selfishness.

My parents are pretty much the average couple in respect to cars--they (think they) can't live without them. I'm sixteen years of age and have my license as well as a car to drive. I usually go out of my way to offer to retrieve food to go from places for my parents, run errands, etc. My parents are all for me doing errands, of course, but then we hit a little hitch when I mention I'm biking them. I don't think they're concerned with the safety of it at all.

Just want an outsider's evaulation of this little situation a few days ago. At lunchtime, I offered to bring back food from a restaurant if they wanted it. It was a restaurant they had never been to but I had called up the menu online. They said sure, they made their food selections, etc., then they told me to take my sister simply for the sole reason that she wanted to go to look at the menu there. My sister hates bikes as well, so I would have had to have driven a car if I took her. Long story short, I didn't see a reason for this, and told them so. It got to the point where my mom said/yelled, "Why do you have to make this so hard?"

One example of my problems with a car-free lifestyle and my parents. Do you think I acted spoiledly? When dealing with parents, where do you think I should draw the line?

You don't have a Lifestyle. You are just a kid living at home. And yes this also goes for all you 20-30 somethings still hanging in your parents basements.

-D