Insect magnet.

Bikes: Trek 2008 Madone 5.5 Pro, Bianchi 2008 Axis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rodrigaj
Jamis Nova
Thanks. I took a look at the Nova Pro, Aurora and Aurora elite information on the Jamis USA website. The Aurora Elite looks promising and I have enquired to Jamis about price and shipping to the UK. It would seem they have dealers for Cyprus, Ecudor and Lithuania; but not the United Kingdom!

Originally Posted by cyccommute
Fuji touring, $900. Surly LHT complete from Jenson USA for $900. The LHT is a far better touring bike than the Fuji, too. Both are steel frames.

I'm not sure what the price in England would be for a Cannondale Touring Classic but if you can find one, it's going to be on the high end of your price. Comes with everything you want so you shouldn't have to spend much to get it where you want it. I'm not thrilled by the drivetrain but that can be changed. Worth a look.
The Fuji looks good. I have emailed the UK distributor asking about a price. The Surly is also promising. I have found a source to buy one from in the UK, but will wait to conclude my research into other models. I'll be making further enquiries to find a retailer for the Cannondale Touring Classic.

Originally Posted by marqueemoon
Since you're in the UK I'd recommend you check out the Thorn stuff sold through SJS. Lots of good options there.
Too expensive.

Originally Posted by Mudu93
I built up an older steel hybrid Specialized Crossroads frame into a pretty cool winter/commuter beater.

I have less than 500 in it total including the powdercoat job.
Getting one new looks to be unlikely / too much hassle. It seems Specialized dont offer any sort of Touring / Audax type frame. Shame.

Thank you all for the replies. Once I have some prices, Ill narrow it down to two or three bikes and start looking for personal accounts of ride characteristics, durability ect.