Old 11-26-07, 09:12 PM
Mr. Underbridge

Bikes: 2003 Giant OCR2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SSP
I complained to Dinotte after I purchased my 600L headlights. For nearly $400, you'd expect more than a 1-page "user manual" with no photos, no info on run times, no suggestions about how/where to mount the battery pack, no mention of the helmet mount or how to attach it, etc.
Do agree there. I got a headlight last week, unpacked everything, and found a little slip saying the manual is online. OK, sure, save some trees, that's cool. That would be nice except there's nothing more than a one-page manual even online - and absolutely nothing regarding accessories.

So I'm sitting there with 3 strap-looking things with some serious ambiguity as to how the thing was designed to fit together. I had to google for a while before I found a picture of a helmet-mounted Dinotte on Peter White's page somewhere.

As far as the batteries go, I used the small strap that comes with the helmet mount kit to tie down the wire and also to keep the battery pack from wiggling. I think the connection will be OK if the pack is immobilized.

The light's pretty nice though. I could actually see more than just the 1x3 foot area that my Cateye 530 illuminates well, and drivers definitely see me coming. The best was the moth that flew straight into my forehead as it was drawn to the light.