rotorheadray
rotorheadray

Bikes: one with a very flat tyre!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had to join and make a comment here and set u all straight

a rotary engine does use the phasing of a four stroke engine suck/push/bang/blo but its processes are much different due to the movement of the rotor......but it isnt technically a 4 stroke because there are no strokes

a rotaries rotor tips(apex)and seals to housing and end plate lubrication works just like a 2 strokes lubrication system but around the figure of 100 to 1 ratio of oil to fuel due to the inner surface being chrome plated it doesnt require the amount of oil to keep it going usually its administered one of 3 ways ,either 2 little pipes that feeds into fuel float bowl from a small pump connected and driven from the front of the eccentric shaft(crank shaft)or it feeds directly into rotor housing or directly into inlet manifold

The people that dont like them and have had trouble with them generally dont know how to treat them as they are different and require different attitudes (like diesels need the glo plugs warmed up before starting)and rotaries need to be warmed up before driving them ..ive had my rotary powered car for 15 years nd the motor has never been touched other than the routine maintenance and is driven every day!!!
and on the economy issue the rotary engines design was actually originally a supercharger and redisgned into an internal compustion engine so its just a big pump but when u compare an engine of the equivalent power it aint all that bad but what other engine can rev like it does???
So basically u both were right in your own way but didnt realise it !!!!!!!

http://members.dodo.net.au/~quickservice/index.html

Ray ...My 2 bobs worth