Old 11-29-07, 10:13 PM
Racer Ex 
Resident Alien

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Enthalpic
You can do a lot in Excel if you are mathematically inclined and decent with computers. Should you program training software yourself instead of buying CP? Probably not.

Personally I enjoy playing around with my data in Excel. Different strokes for different folks.

I am willing to wager my excel sheet is one of the most complicated on the board and can do stuff that CP can't. It's only 6,295KB.
Present them.

So, my question is are you importing data directly into Excel or manually entering?

One of my major beefs with CP is it's integration with Training Peaks, which my coach uses. It would be nice to incorporate all the TP metrics into CP, which would make sense given most coaching/tracking systems use them...and THEY use them. Why this isn't done (it would seem the database function for TSS/ATL/CTL are already there...I don't get.

Having the option to track these and chart them over daily workouts and races would be great. Better still would be a race metric (1-7 ?) that you could overlay on a PMC type chart.

Holes...there are many still to be filled.

Of course the end result might be a giant shoulder shrug.