Old 08-14-04, 08:04 AM
jinx_removing
SuperstitiousHyperrealist

Bikes: unknown road conversion, half built Benotto track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. i will try to be more sensitive next time.

It really makes me angry when people blatantly ignore a post and assume that the poster is doing something wrong just to disagree with them. Why?? What is the point? Do you feel better about yourself?Maybe you are a city commuter and maybe you are not but it seems to me that you are not.

Here is my take on city commuting. When I ride to work in the morning I am just like anybody else on the road, I have a routine. What sets me apart from the average driver is that I have to be alert to all that is around me. Potholes pop up overnight in Boston. After time the route between my house and my work became a meditation. I am so used to doing it that I became aware of the timing of street lights and even up to where certain delivery trucks will be on my route and when. I know when it is safe to do things (not insinuating that I break the law) that I normally wouldn't do on an unfamiliar road. I think in bluejack's case he KNEW that he would be safe as went down that street just making each green light. There is a strecth on So. Huntington in Boston where I do a very similar thing. I can see in all directions and I know that nobody is going to blow that light. I think it was just bad luck on his part. It seems to me that cop was looking to bust you, bluejack.

Maybe there is more to this story that we dont know. Maybe soccer mom with cellphone called you in because she thought you were "reckless" becuase you were riding on the street. In any case I am sorry to hear that you are out $81. I understand your situation and I feel your actions did not warrant a ticket.