View Single Post
Old 12-01-07, 05:58 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Completed first Century today!

Well.....it was my first since September anyways-and the 11th this year.

We'll do these every Saturday in December just to get in some good winter base miles.

Beautiful day to ride in NC with fairly calm winds and temps around 30 at the start and high's in the mid 50's.

We had around 40 riders at the start but many of those only rode 30-60 miles. I finished with a group of 5 riders at a very comfortable pace-around 5 hr 40 min riding time.

We had to do a few more miles to get around the Christmas parade that is on the street where we start/finish so I think we had around 104-105 miles total. Usually we just jump in the parade and ride with the floats and tractors but some folks complained last year so we tried to be good citizens this year.

I changed the rear cassette on my bike last night and didn't get it on exactly right-the last gear anyway. As the result the gears weren't completely tightened together so I got to listen to a constant loud rattle for almost 6 hrs. Don't you just hate noises like that. Ugh!!

The biggest disappointment is the store at 67 miles that has the fabulous cobbler was closed for remodeling. Noone was aware of it so we were shocked as that was our one and only planned stop. Doesn't look like it will be ready by the end of December either.

With 5 Saturdays in December plus around 50 miles during the week the total miles in December could be noteable. But who's counting!!!!!!

The grilled Salmon, asparagus, rice, sweet potato and Shiraz for supper tonight tasted even better for some reason.

Last edited by jppe; 12-01-07 at 06:14 PM.