View Single Post
Old 12-01-07, 09:56 PM
dschl

Bikes: ~1982 Bianchi Sport, ~1984 Nishiki MTB frankenbike, 1986 Kuwahara Shasta, 1996 Marin Bear Valley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Toddorado
I don't need a full bladder (hydration pack), but I have been looking for some time now for a 16 oz or greater cage bottle that is insulated like a Thermos, but fits snugly and drip-free into my standard cage. The only coffee system I've seen is one that clamps onto the handlebar, which makes no sense as the cage is already there. Anyone seen a coffee bottle like this?
I have a Zefal Isotherm. I haven't tried it with hot beverages yet, and it isn't the going to keep your coffee hot for very long, but it is easy to find (Nashbar stocks it). More info on coffee while riding than you ever wanted to know can be found here:

http://www.bicyclecoffeesystems.com/

Here's their review of the Zefal:
Zefal Isotherm
Zefal manufactures an insulated 16 ounce plastic thermal bottle called the Isotherm. It works like a standard water bottle, so you can drink and drive; but it will keep coffee hot for only about 45 minutes. It's a good choice if you're going to finish your coffee soon after you begin your ride.