Thread: supercycle.
View Single Post
Old 12-02-07, 01:23 PM
joseph senger

Bikes: trek 8000, GF sugar 1, 1975 schwinn fairlady, 1942 ccm, 1965 ccm retro mod, khe lagger flatland bike...ect..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
the bike guy...it is mint, and good news was i was out snooping in the "pile" last night and found some more sturmey hubs on far less together bicycles, so no more dillema. but it has made me interested in the whole whoring out of cnd tire products. Ive come across some frames made in poland as well. The point to this thread was i didnt want to see anything of this age/completion be torn apart. then i began to read about the outsourcing of all supercycles, and then began to realize supercycle is then one of the more interesting "brands" out there. The "made in england" in pinstriped style lettering is what first made me take a second look, as did the intricate lugs which are not common as i know of on supercycles.

as for the value, im more interested in its historical significance... the partnering...under what circumstances...and for how long/why did it cease; are all interesting aspects of this type of outsourcing to me. i run a "free bike" program which is just getting off its feet, non of these bikes are for sale, however i do borrow parts off of some to make others ride able, as was to be the case here.