Old 12-06-07, 08:39 AM
BAH

Bikes: xtracycle

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by edzo
ok, go get your camera and go looking for trouble then. you have other issues with authority if you
feel you need to start dragging a camera around to record police encounters. I have well over 220,000
miles of cycling and have yet to have a police officer need to stop me or talk to me about riding or how I ride. OK once one told me to stay on the other side of the double yellow, but that was a race, and he was a volunteer official...

but if one cop did need to stop me and talk to me, I would say yes sir, sorry sir, what do I need to do now, and thank you.

in the meantime the rest of us will just do as told, and not cause a fuss,
and live happy, uncomplicated bicycling lives

+1

Some people have that chip on their shoulder/need to complicate their lives/drama queen outlook on life. Bummer for them.

If the officer wanted to make sure the OP was obeying him, he would have just checked the highway to see if he was there. By taking the side road, he was just checking to be sure that he was ok/safe.
Questioning authority is fine when it's needed, but don't be a moron about when/where to do it. Every officer isn't out to get you Pissing off the law for no good reason just reflects bad on all of us. If you're "one of these" don't kid yourself that you are some romatic crusader for justice- you're just annoying