pdxcyclist
Cycling is Self-Therapy

Bikes: Bruce Gordon BLT, Birdy Light, Bike Friday Project Q

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ctyler
Thanks so much for posting your photos. I did the Trek Tri-Island ride in 1996 and rode some of those islands. What a wonderful place to ride. And having perfect weather as well. I rode through a downpour when I crossed the bridge over Deception Pass and dried my socks, etc. with the hand dryer in the men's room of the ferry terminal. Orcas Island was wonderful and the ferry rides were a bonus to the riding.
The weather was just about perfect for us-- mid-eighties in the day, and cooling off at night. It was also geat to see so many other cyclists, and the Inn even had a courtyard with an integrated bike rack where we locked up at night with no worries.

The ferries and islands reminded me of rides we did along the coast of Maine, but everything was more relaxed and less hectic. The island life reminded me of St. John in the Virgin Islands, but the weather was better and things weren't so expensive.

For us, it was a great combination of relaxing, cycling, wildlife, hanging out, crab, etc. We're lucky that the ferry dock is only about a five hour drive from our home.