Old 12-09-07, 03:15 PM
ak1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss Moniker
Just so you don't embarrass yourself further, I'm here to let you know you're using that expression incorrectly. First, it's "case in point" and it refers to an example that supports something you're arguing. If you were arguing that risers were less cool than drops and you gave a bunch of reasons, then said "Case in point, my girlfriend asked me what happened to my cool bars once I switched to risers", then it'd be valid.

Now if you said "case closed" or "point, set, match" or something like that, it would make more sense.

Other phrases to not screw up: "Ride away/ Right away" instead of "Right of way", and "intensive purposes" instead of "intents and purposes". I still don't have the heart to tell my good friend that every time he uses the latter in a paper, he screws it up.

I do agree with you though.. track drops > risers for track bikes. But for mountain bikes and hybrids, risers > track drops no question.
lol

I was grading papers recently and came across this gem: "The idea that we have free will is a loosery" instead of illusory.