Thread: TA Cranks
View Single Post
Old 12-09-07, 05:25 PM
robtown
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dirtdrop
Have you seen what those are selling for on the Velo Orange site? They're even more from Harris Cyclery.
I think Velo Orange has a higher grade than mine. I like the black inlay of mine better. My companies initials are TA so I guess I now have the company bike :0

It's ironic I paid $20 for the bike w/o seatpost/saddle. New CLB and other braided silver cabling from Velo orange, a special 23mm crank puller [aluminum trash that self-destructed], cloth tape, shellac, and other items will run the total up to about $100. I'm looking forward to the 1st generation Cyclone since I've always liked Suntour dérailleurs.

I have several pedal choices. Shimano double sided black SPDs, The MKS like pedals it came with. Shimano 600 track pedals w/straps - triangle shape very similar to the Dura-Ace on my Paramount [$400 NOS - not that I bought them]. Silver color Look style. Another MKS like that are trapazoidal shape - the front is narrower than the rear w/straps.

- current pedals are similar to these