Old 08-18-04, 03:27 AM
SSenorPedro
Me vs. The Rain

Bikes: Lugged steel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Whats the oddest thing you have carried?

This just came to mind today as I was helping my GF get her new classroom all set up for her first year of teaching. (Finally a job, whew)

Anyway, she had bought a rather large rug somewhere that she thought would be great for the classroom - the kids would get a kick out of the colors.

Aside from commuting everyday on my fix, I recently built up a cheapo bike that I leave at her place as this allows me to more easily persuade her into going on a bike ride with me whenever the chance presents itself. Having already volunteered to help with the classroom, I thought maybe I could turn this task into a bike ride opportunity .

Needless to say I ended up carrying the rug on my back. I am not a messenger, so I haven't carried anything very weird, but this was interesting indeed. The thing stuck out about a foot and a half to two feet on each side of me, gathering more than one weird look from people, as well as a couple of car mirrors getting clocked.

So what is the largest/oddest/mostuncomfortable/neatest thing you have carried by bike? And I am not meaning with a trailer, although, if it is interesting then post by all means.

-Pete