Old 08-18-04, 04:40 PM
MacGyver

Bikes: too ashamed to say :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a switcher

for the past 5 years i have been riding a mountain bike recreationally. since may i have started riding more for exersize and used the mountain bike casue it was all i had. i was thinking about buying a road bike but didnt know if i would like it. well on a whim i stopped at a local garage sale this weekend and found a Kabuki Hilltopper-12 for $20. it was a perfect fit for me 54cm. i spend the last 2 days cleaning it up and making sure everything functioned. it seemed never riden just a little neglected I thought it was worth it.

today i took it out and all i can say is WOW. i was a tad doubtful to go from any full aluminum MTN bike to a steel road bike but its a much better ride than my MTN bike. i was faster, i had a better rithum and i was able to add 25% distance to my ride. i cant wait to take it to the shop for a real tune-up and get new tires. my only complaint is that the lever shifter is harder for me to find the right gear. i either go too far or not far enough to shift. i think i will change the shifter, but one thing at a time, i also need a computer.

but im deffinatly a switcher!!!