Old 12-13-07, 01:59 PM
JohnKScott

Bikes: It has two wheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mgmoore7
Thanks a bunch. Here is a post that I had on another thread in another forum. Mostly, I just seem to have the thought now something along the lines of "I am training so hard and making progress, if I eat that, it will just take that much more training to burn it off" and other things along those lines. Basically, I am starting to tell myself "it is just not worth it." This is a big deal to me because I have always had the saying "some live to eat and others eat to live". Can you guess which of those I fall into. I like food.

---------------
"I was at a Christmas party the other night where it was pot-luck style. All great food. I did not over do it on the dinner. Had a little extra ham.

Then it was desert time. I went and got a plate and walked to the desert table. Looked at the brownies, banana pudding, apple pie, etc. for a few seconds and said to myself "it is not worth it" and walked back to my table with empty plate in hand and continued our conversation.

That is really different. I am not saying I would won't eat desert, it is just that a week before my duathlon and when the weight loss is really on a role, desert would just mean I need another hour on the bike to burn it off. "

Congratulations. I just broke 200 officially a week ago. 197 this morning after my trainer ride (I expect that is where I will settle at official weigh in on Saturday).

What I found with controlling my portions better is that it gets a whole lot easier after you've done it a while. For example, we went for Chinese food yesterday at lunch. I used to just eat it all (except not much of the rice). That would be a pint of hot & sour soup and a nice big portion of General Tso Chicken (man I love that stuff!). I started trying to eat only half of it a couple months ago and it was a struggle to cut myself off. Now, I get half of it down (and eat the rice) and I'm already so full that eating any more just seems repulsive.

Now I just naturally eat less. Except, I can still struggle with chocolate cake or chocolate chip cookies. It's best for me to just give them a wide bearth .

Keep it up. You're doing great!