View Single Post
Old 12-15-07, 01:28 PM
retyred

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by velocidad
our bikes are locked indoors at night and I probably wouldn't let her out of my sight with this ride.

my other thought thou was hoping that i could deal him down which right now isn't happening. what i dont understand is the shop owners thinking of holding onto a bike for 13yrs without selling it. isn't a bike only worth what someone's willing to pay for it? perhaps i'll give it till spring. if it hasn't gone anywhere in over a decade its safe to say it'll be there in may.
You need to sweet talk the bike shop owner and get more info on the Legnano. Tell him you'll give him a shameless plug on the C&V forum. With more info the forum members can offer up a lot of valuable assistance re that Legnano. I myself have kept a log of almost every Legnano sold on ebay in the last two years. If the shop owner thinks his Legnano is worth $600 then he should allow you to view it if you conduct yourself as a serious buyer. Oh and in response to your question about the value of that Legnano I would have no problem parting with six Franklins depending upon condition and components.