Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 12-16-07, 08:48 PM
Flimflam
Raving looney

Bikes: 70s Leader Precision w/Shimano 600 (road), IRO Rob Roy (Fixed)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I_bRAD
Are you still on the skinny tires Keith?

Clipless did suck today (kept freezing/clogging), but the MTB didn't have pedals on it and that's what I had laying around without pulling some off another bike.
Eggbeaters FTW.

I'm amused by the reaction to the snow, I just got back from Cambridge (cancelled my plan to ride there, though ) - that being said, I've not been out there yet on the bike.

I find it worse when I stop and actually find out how slippy it was. I had a wobble on Sorauren Thursday night, but didn't get phased until I stopped in at home for a quick bite before heading east, stopping and walking up my driveway made me realise how slippy my street was and I chose to walk my bike to Roncesvalles after.

I left my bike at work on Friday as I decided to hop on the bus out of town whilst still suitably tanked up. At least the TTC was free when I got back into town tonight, w00t.

PS, *******s parking too far left in the curb lane on streetcar roads FTL (streetcar home took forever because of having like 1" clearance with some of them).

PPS, also cured my overheating/getting cold problem - it was my backpack. I'm a furnace, so the extra insulation on my back was doing me in - I put my rack and pannier on for Thursday night/Friday and all was just fine again, though the weird weighting on the bike took a moment to get used to again (not used the rack since September).

Last edited by Flimflam; 12-16-07 at 08:54 PM.