Old 12-18-07, 04:41 PM
andre nickatina
not actually Nickatina

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by humancongereel
all it would take to appease everyone here would be track drops and the words "i ride this on the track".

maybe the rider uses the risers to get to the velodrome? ha ha, i dunno. i don't want to hate, cuz that is some solid ish, but i can see why there's hate.

then again, remember, most of us are riding bikes designed for the velodrome on the street.
probably because the BMC, being carbon, would be a serious racer, whereas the steel track frames we're riding around the city are only seen on a professional level in japanese keirin races where they're following 70's policies, and the rest of the world has moved onto clipless pedals, aluminum/carbon frames and aero wheels over 36 spoke box rims, steel frames and quill stems. that stuff is cool on lower level competition but you'd never see it professionally, whereas the BMC would be quite at home.

that's my train of thought at least. i can't lie, i'd love to own that frame and i'd use it on the street, i'd just never run risers on it. couldn't spend that much money on a frame w/o using at the velodrome too, though.