View Single Post
Old 08-22-04, 04:19 PM
EyeBike2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Come to think of it, I spent 2 years in Davis, CA (a very bicycle friendly place) going to school and never experienced anything like here. I've gotton so used to dealing with jerks like these that it seems like part of riding. While there I always expected the things like these that happen here but never experienced it... still it was always on my mind.

That's a good system in Minnesota. Anybody know if there's anything like that in California? That'd be real nice to have something like that. It would at least give them a reason to think twice before acting stupid. I never have been able to get plate numbers, however, it happens too fast, they're gone before I can think to read the plate and at the same time I'm trying to focus on the road and not crashing.

I'm in the high desert, about 90 NE of LA. People generally lack any kind of interest in exercise or physical activity here (beyond puffing on a cigarette). It seems, for some reason these drivers are amused by running me off the road. I think it's either an aggressive challenge of some sort or to impress their friends. It seems like it's always a male driver usually with passengers and between about 18-30 years old. My attitude is, you take the road, you win, you can go faster than me. I'm not putting me and my 30 pound bike in a tangle with a vehicle weighing a few thousand pounds. Still, sometimes it's hard to stay calm.

Last edited by EyeBike2; 08-22-04 at 04:26 PM.