View Single Post
Old 12-21-07, 05:26 PM
stewardmike03

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DonPenguino
Cannondales are coined "Crack-n-fail" because reps from other companies were worried about Cannondale's rapidly advancing aluminum frames and it was easy to spread the idea of a few aluminum failures being the start of a gigantic death wave of frames cracking like eggs and thus told customers the same which made the customers think this and repeat it to friends who spout it on internet forums as if their non-science major gives them a owner's share in the knowledge of bicycle frame engineering even though Cannondale's a HUGELY established brand today with frame testing specifications far greater than 99% of other frame makers.
Uh...had two C'dales...both cracked and failed (at the bottom bracket to seat tube weld if you are interested)...but I'm sure you're right....I'm just a know-it-all dumbass with a big mouth and little brain spouting off crap that I heard.

Aluminum fatigues and cracks much sooner than steel. Carbon is lovely until it fails...I'll stick with my steel bikes and you can kiss my ass.