Old 12-23-07, 04:57 PM
cluelessgoon

Bikes: CrossCheck, Brompton, SpeedPro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's true - and I'm starting as close to the back as anyone could get without actually being at the back! Still, that's probably a good thing really

It looks like Cross is a lot harder on the bike than I reckoned with as I've already burnt through a set of rear brake blocks (don't think I've ever actually changed a set on my road bike). Also the chain is now slipping when I really put the hammer down. Usually I never come out of the saddle, but I've found that it's very useful off road, or up hills to do that, so I have been. I can't sustain it though so it might do to get me to the top of a big descent. Not sure what's causing the slip - probably maladjustment of the rear mech, but for all my adjusting it won't stop. Chain is only about 4 months old.

My times had come down even more today - down to 12.15 whilst taking it fairly easy. I think the key for me is basically to take it easy and not go nuts at any point during the race. Apparently it's going to be an hour, so I'll be wishing for death after about lap 3.