Old 08-23-04, 05:53 PM
bridgestone_200

Bikes: bridgestone, jamis, lemond

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wide Feet - Road bicycling

I have a really wide foot (the other is pretty normal for my size). I saw the doc and he doesn't want to do anything, 'cause it ain't broken.

So, I have found on the new road bike that the left foot (mainly the joint where the big toe meets the foot) is rubbing against the crank arm.

The local bike shop suggested some pedal extenders that are mention in this previous thread: http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-22940 .

After reading the input for this original thread I am wondering if a different pedal would be better? Please give me some ideas, because I love the new bike, but I'm finding pedaling IS an issue.

Are there other brands of pedals I should be looking at?
I am not currently riding too too much (recuperrating from another injury) and barely rode this season
the jamis came with some clipless pedals and shoes that I find incredibly bad so I put the look pedals on from another bike.

I have look cleats & pedals currently that I took of a Bridgestone RB2 (great steel ride) and put on my new Jamis (another great steel ride). Now the Bridgestone is currently in pieces while I attempt to restore to nearly original condition. But my fiance and I do not remember me ever complaining about this with the pedals on the Bridgestone.

Thanks for any input you all have.

ps - anyone know where to get original Bridgestone decals? I bought one used in the basement of a local shop a few years ago and fell in love with it. Great great steel ride.