Old 08-23-04, 06:17 PM
operator
cab horn

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
I didn't actually plan on doing a century as I already calculated the route to be only 80km. From my house Richmond Hill to Cooks Bay (Lake Simcoe south end). Stopped over in New Market to eat my smoked salmon + cheese sandwich. Dastardly head wind all the way up to the bay. While I was exiting a gas station turning onto a road some guy yelled out the window something but I had no idea what he said so I continued on.

Once I got there I took a small break finished off my other sandwich and took a short break and then headed back down towards New Market, fairly uneventful ride passed a couple cyclists going northbound on bayview, they waved and I waved back. Saw about 3 in a very short period of time.

Once I got near my house I looked down at my odometer and read off 85.0km, didn't feel exceptionally tired so I decided to bike down to Walmart, which should've been another 8.8k roundtrip but that still didn't give me a 100. After buying some glosettes (yeah i know they're bad sugary things but I love them) stopped over at the David Dunlap Observatory in Richmond Hill to talk to some of my friends (I work there as a tour guide) continued on to Yonge St, and down to Hillcrest Mall. From there I headed north again alll the way to Mill Pond, just as I got there my odo read 100.1km and I gave a big, yes and pumped my hand in the air. Checked out some jerseys at the local LBS (they had no team jerseys) and continued on home.

Before this the longest ride i'd been on was about 35km in one go, one day record total of 65km (yeah I know).

All in all took about 4 hours 51 minutes. Total of 105.8km.

This is my bike.

Last edited by operator; 08-25-04 at 08:37 PM.