Old 12-28-07, 04:55 PM
NaBlade
Dammit!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mimib123
Thanks so much for your input. Right now I'm just having fun having annoying skateboarders with saggy pants try to run along with me, pulling their pants up by their crotches all the way. But I'm sure that will be memorable

The first thing I have noticed about my bike that I don't like is the brakes and the seat. One is fixable, the other...not so much. In my opinion, the brakes aren't powerful enough. But it might just be that I'm not used to the bike or this type of bike in general. The seat is something I'm going to replace really soon, I need a narrower one.
First off, congrats on the new bike!

The brakes just probably need some tweaking. Take it back to your LBS, the one you bought it from, for a minor tuneup. Brand new bikes need a couple of adjustments in the first couple of months (with frequent riding) before they settle down. Most LBS's offer this free service on bikes they sell, for the life of the bike, as long as you're the original owner.

Again on the saddle, most LBS's offer a free swap if you're not happy with the stock saddle. At least the LBS's in my area do. Why not ask yours?