View Single Post
Old 12-28-07, 06:44 PM
Sirrus Rider
Velocommuter Commando

Bikes: '88 Specialized Sirrus, '89 Alpine Monitor Pass, two '70 Raligh Twenties, '07 Schwinn Town & Country Trike, '07 Specialized Sirrus Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Cyclaholic
I'm so mad about having to deal with this crap.

I just went down to get milk and a few groceries, took my kid-hauler trailer. When I get back to my bike there's a few 'locals' hanging around my bike/trailer. As I approach I can hear them talking loudly saying stuff like "it must be some feral's bike", "she must have her feral rugrats with her", and "sure you'd ride that thing to the f'ing shops".... then one of them said to another "jump in, I'll take ya for a ride" as he started getting on my bike. The other guy starts opening my kid's trailer. that's what set me off, I just saw him violating my children's space and lost it.

It all happened so quickly. I dumped the trolley and ran up to the guy that was now sitting on my bike and king hit him off my bike, the rest of them (maybe 3 or 4) scattered but the guy messing with the trailer tripped over. I went ballistic and kicked (literally kicked!) the daylights out of him as I yelled at the rest of them at the top of my lungs but they were pretty much gone. Then as a crowd formed I started panicking that they might regroup and come back after me so I quickly threw most of my groceries in the trailer, dropped a few items but just left them, and took off. I nearly ran over the first guy that was sprawled out in the middle of the parking lot, but he wasn't moving.

Now I'm scared to go back there because I'm usually the only bike on the rack and definitely the only trailer. I'll have to go for f'ing miles to get f'ing groceries because of those f'ing lowlife scumbags this absolutely sucks
Remind me not to mess with you! ;D Although it best to let the authorities know and take care of the situation, from the sounds of it there wasn't any time to do so. I think about 95% of us would have done the same thing that you did. For starters you had an ignorant A-hole sitting on your bike. Someone who had know knowledge of it's quirks and usually in such situations the risk of something on the bike being broken from the offending person's ignorance is high. Second the kid trailer is not rated for much weight. Most I've seen are rated for around 75lbs. So if head-up-butt-inversion-monkey #2 who probably weighed twice the rating or more would have plopped his over plump brain in the seat of the trailer the risk of something getting bent, ripped, or broken outright was likely. I can guess what would have happened if you hadn't come on the scene. The moment those pinheads discovered they broke something they would have jumped up and fled the scene leaving a broken, scratched, bike, or a collapsed, bent, ripped trailer and no means of contact or admission of responsibility for the damage.

I say good job! More than likely these mental giants will think twice before messing with some one else's property..