Old 01-01-08, 08:34 PM
Kommisar89
Bottecchia fan

Bikes: 1959 Bottecchia Milano-Sanremo (frame), 1966 Bottecchia Professional (frame), 1971 Bottecchia Professional (frame), 1973 Bottecchia Gran Turismo, 1974 Bottecchia Special, 1977 Bottecchia Special (frame), 1974 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Banzai
Del Rio: Not that big (30,000). Which makes the amount of clueless/careless/beligerent drivers a greater percentage of the population. I've had more "incidents" here than I did back in Salt Lake. It's also far and away the WORST rodes I've ever biked on. I imagine roads to be like this after they've been mortared.

San Antonio: I spent 4 months there for PIT...and that was pretty awful, on a "big city" scale. Poor bike infrastructure, very car centered, teeming with motorists who view driving as a form of "survival of the fittest". That was my big "welcome to Texas".

Not to turn this thread into a Texas or any other state bashing thread...and nothing personal intended. I just had to pile onto the previous comment.

Pardon my rude threadjack...we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
Colorado Springs is not too bad - bicycles are a common site on the roads here and people are used to it and generally respectful. And the buses have bike racks although this city is small enough that I can't think of too many reasons to need to carry your bike on a bus. I would be faster to ride. Not surprising it's always teenage boys, usually in Jeeps, who feel the need to act the fool and yell something or cut you off. Funny thing here though - you do see a few bikes doing the morning/evening commute like me but the roads are crawling with bikes at lunch as everybody gets out for some fresh air. They must haul their bikes into work.