Thread: Santa came late
View Single Post
Old 01-03-08, 09:08 PM
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robtown
My boss issued some gift cards earlier this month so Santa has some funding. I picked up a standard honey Brooks saddle for $60 shipped and a set of Moose Mitts (road and MTB). The mitts are poggies that fit around the handlebars. They are supposed to allow you to go without (or wear thin gloves) while keeping your hands toasting in sub freezing temps.

Maybe I'll swap out my black Brooks on the Fuji & break in the honey - what do you think? Sorry, I've got to get a newer picture. It now has Cane Creek black rimmed wheels (without the silver reflective tape - but soon to have black reflective tape) and the aero bars have changed.
Be sure and report on the Moose Mitts. I've read about them and wondered how they would work on a road bike. I'm still having problems keeping the hands warm unless I wear heavy gloves which make shifting a little tough.

Hmmm....not sure how the honey saddle will look on this bike. The black one does match the tape, etc.

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith